Friday, January 27, 2012

YA Novels vs. Adult Novels

I will admit that I am an adult that loves to read YA novels, like many other adults out there. I love the story lines they have and the way they read. I love adult novels because it doesn't make me feel like a pedophile for crushing on the character (which we all love to do)  and they have more realistic reactions, in my opinion anyway. Think about it, if something horrible is happening are you going to say "Oh fudge sickle," or are you going to yell, "Oh Shit." Yup, I said it. I said the word Shit.

Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is I want more adult novels that feel like I'm reading a Young Adult novel. I want those amazing feelings when someone first falls for another character (lets face it, the majority of women love the feelings we get when we're first with someone) and the more entertaining stories. There are a few Adult Authors that I can think of that have novels that read like that but I want to find more.

This is something I aim to do with my novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment