Thursday, January 5, 2012

Crazy Days

The days have been crazy these past few months. Even more so, this past month. I'm hoping 2012 will be 'the year' for myself and my family.
My friend Stephanie convinced me to send out my short story to several publishers who were accepting submissions for Anthologies, I'm glad she did. I had a story accepted and it will be published in 2012. That is amazing news for me.
Now for my family...
My brother Jake is getting a once in a lifetime opportunity in 2012 as well. His band will be preforming at the House of Blues for some major record labels. In light of this news, I told him I want a new house.
So, it seems as though 2012 is going to be a good year. I'm hoping my Husband gets some good news this year as well. Another promotion couldn't hurt.
The cold weather has finally hit and I have been bundled up in front of my (fake) fireplace where I've been busy writing more novels. I'll admit that I have been reading a lot more too. My dear Husband bought me a kindle for Christmas and I have put it to good use. Which is kind of ironic, I went from refusing to buy one because I prefer a real book to loving my kindle. You can't blame a girl who lives an hour away from the closest Book Store and can't manage to find time to get out of the house without one of her children. I like to spend hours looking at books in there, not chasing my kids.
All in all this is bound to be a great year and I will post updates about my short story being published the closer it gets and I suppose I could mention if my brother's band gets a record deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment